Monday, March 2, 2009

My Job

I have worked for Senior Concerns since 1997 and I have the best job in the whole world. I love to be outside greeting people in the mornings. A smile on a senior’s face makes me burst into song. My goal is to see a caregiver less anxious knowing that the person they are caring for whether it’s a family member or friend, will be well cared for and treated with dignity. Some times it is very difficult for caregivers to let go, with some, it make take a while. However, with gentle nurturing and support they eventually let go. Caregivers learn how to breathe by themselves, meet friends for lunch or just simply sit and regroup. Some of our caregivers have lost feeling of a goodnights sleep. The trust that families have in us is incredible. My personal motto is “the pleasure is in the journey” my job and that of all staff at the Center is to make that journey a meaningful one to both caregivers and our participants. The Center is not a sad place or quiet, to the contrary it is up beat, motivating, energizing and above all happy. It is our job at Senior Concerns to make a difference; we enrich lives by providing therapeutic and meaningful programs.

-Maureen Symonds
Center Director

No comments:

Post a Comment